The Hurtwood Inn is the perfect base from which to explore the beautiful Surrey Hills whether by car, bicycle or on foot. There are however numerous other attractions in the area and nearby including:
- Several National Trust properties including Polesden Lacey, Clandon Park and Leith Hill.
- The RHS Gardens at Wisley.
- Landscape Gardens at Painshill Park, Claremont and Loseley House.
- The Hannah Peschar Sculpture Gardens at Walliswood and Watts Gallery at Compton.
- Denbies Vineyard
- Racing at Epsom and Sandown Park.
- Golf at several courses in the area.
- Day tickets for sport fishing.
- Shopping, cinema, theatre, boating at Guildford.
- Antique browsing at Dorking